Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Introduction to the Journey

Balance. It is all about balance. In this chaotic world it is hard to stay balanced. One of the most important things that I have discovered is that in order to have balance you must understand yourself by making time for yourself. Me time is extremely important and sometimes we need to do a little exploring by ourselves to really discover who we are.

A few things prompted my decision for a big Asia trip. I have always had the urge to go to Vietnam. I was supposed to go with friends and when they could no longer go I refused to wait any longer and decided to just go by myself. I wanted the true backpacker lone traveler experience. I was still recovering from an awful year from 2010 and I thought that this trip was well deserved and that soul searching was completely needed.

I booked the trip back in February 2011 as a spur of the moment decision. I was looking into it and then I called the program that I got my TEFL and am teaching english through: I-to-I and it so happened it was the last day for a big sale they were having and it saved me heaps on my booking. Then I decided to stopover in Kaula Lumpur, Malaysia (spur of the moment decision..just had the urge to go there. and I also decided to stop in Bangkok, Thaliand (mainly for the temples and the Thai food).

It was a crazy semester of managing school, work, completeing my TEFL certificate and trip preparations and before I knew it, it was time to fly out and begin my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment